Additional tenants can be added to the letting, either as paying tenants (responsible for paying rent, fees, deposits etc), or simply as named tenants, for example to be included in the tenancy agreement. The additional tenants must be registered in the system before they can be added to a tenancy.
Add tenants to a letting as follows:
- Go to the letting details page: click the “Letting Details” side-menu link against the letting.
- Click the “Add Tenant link beneath the lead tenant.
- Search for the tenant by name and click to select the required tenant.
- Set the tenant’s start date – leaving this blank will imply that the tenant starts at the start of the letting, but tenants can also be added midway through a letting.
- Click “Add” to add the tenant to the letting.
Add tenants to the rent schedule
If the additional tenant is due to pay rent, he/she needs to be added to the rent schedule as a paying tenant:
- Click the “Rent Schedule” side-menu link against the letting.
- Click “Add Paying Tenant”
- Select the tenant to add to the rent schedule and the rent amount that the tenant will be paying. Optionally include a rent payment reference that the tenant should include on any payments of rent.
- Click “Add”.
- To adjust the rent amount that any of the other tenants are due to pay, click on their rent amount and update accordingly.
Creating additional deposits
If the additional tenant is also due to pay their own deposit, a deposit needs to be created for this tenant:
- Click on the “Deposit” side-menu link for the letting.
- Click the “Add Another” link.
- Select the tenant, when the deposit is due (normally start of the letting), the deposit amount and any holding details.
- Click “Add”.
- Adjust the deposit amount for any other tenant’s deposits accordingly.